For this weeks KPOP Song of the Week we’ve chosen “Expectation” (기대해) by Girl’s Day (걸스데이). This song was officially released this past Wednesday the 13th of March (White Day) on YouTube and so far it has amassed around 200,000 views. Here are our reasons for choosing “Expectation” for our song of the week:
- Firstly the song has a cool club / dance up beat style which is always enjoyable on a weekend.
- Secondly the video matches the music style and song well, as although it’s on a set it’s has a cool club aesthetic.
- Finally this song shows a nice development of Girl’s Day as a band moving forward from their move stereotypical KPOP roots.
- On the negative side, the video is nice but it is a little bland and boring at times with little to make you think wow, it just doesn’t quiet pop.
- Also, as mentioned in a number of other places already the Boob rubbing dance is pretty funny if strange.
Who are Girl’s Day
Girl’s Day (걸스데이) where formed by Dream Tea Entertainment back in 2010. They then changed 2 members and went into 2011 was a good amount of momentum. 2011 was successful with the successful release of Twinkle Twinkle and a popular Japanese tour. 2012 saw some more releases but also the departure of Jihae. Now the group has 4 members Sojin (26), Yura (20), Minah (19) and Hye-ri (18).
Their official Facebook Page is HERE
Fan Group Twitter Home: @DAI5Y_
Here is a version with English Subtitled lyrics:
This is a live version which was performed on KBS2 Music Bank:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. So many great new songs are being released at the moment, if you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “Do You Like It?” by Yoari please click the link.
Have a great week.Sujeong Modern Seoul firstname.lastname@example.org