Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, the second of 2014. This week we’ve chosen the new release by TVXQ (동방신기) called “Something“. Some title as last weeks KPOP Song of the Week by Girl’s Day, but a completely different song. It was released on Wednesday January 1st and in those 11 days it has already gained over 2,900,000 views on YouTube. Here are our reasons for choosing “Something” for our song of the week:
- Firstly the song has a laid back Swing Jazz sound with some very soulful vocals.
- Secondly the video matches the song excellently with a cool 1920’s/30’s theme with modern elements.
- Finally TVXQ have a strong following and this song should live up to there followers high exceptions.
- On the negative side; the fake tattoos are a little strange.
More Pictures from Something and Links for TVXQ
- TVXQ Homepage: tvxq.smtown.com/
- TVXQ! on Facebook: facebook.com/tvxq
- TVXQ! Official YouTube Channel : youtube.com/tvxq
This is a LIVE version:
Here is a English, Hangul and Romanized Subtitled Version of Something by TVXQ:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “Something” by Girl’s Day please click the link. Also remember same song title but completely different song.
Have a relaxing Sunday!Sujeong Modern Seoul firstname.lastname@example.org