Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, the first for March 2014. This week we’ve chosen the long awaited return of KPOP Megagroup Girls’ Generation (소녀시대). The song is titled “Mr. Mr.” and it was released a just this Friday February 28th. In less than 2 days it’s already been viewed over 3,300,000 times on YouTube. Here are our reasons for choosing “Mr. Mr.” for our KPOP song of the week:
- Firstly the song has a cool sound with a nice dance beat to back it up.
- Secondly the video has a strange little story, but also some great dances and general shots of the girls.
- Finally Girls’ Generation are maybe the most popular and successful KPOP Girl Group ever. With the likes of Justin Timberlake working with them this song was always going to be great.
- On the negative side; it’s maybe missing a little something from the story.
More Pictures from Mr. Mr. and Links for Girls’ Generation (SNSD)
Girls’ Generation Links:
* Website: girlsgeneration.smtown.com
* Girls’ Generation Facebook Page: facebook.com/girlsgeneration
* Girls’ Generation YouTube Channel: youtube.com/girlsgeneration
This is a LIVE version of “Mr. Mr.”:
Here is a English, Hangul and Romanized Subtitled Version of “Mr. Mr.” by Girls’ Generation:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “Full Moon” by Sunmi please click the link.
Have an amazing Sunday!Sujeong Modern Seoul email@example.com