Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, our second for April 2015. Although there were a number of interesting new releases recently, we’ve chosen the new release from Korean Royalty Group Girls Generation (SNSD). The song is titled “Catch Me If You Can” and it was released this past Thursday April 9th. In that time it has been viewed around 4,400,000 times on the SMTOWN YouTube Channel. Here are our reasons for choosing “Catch Me If You Can” for our KPOP song of the week:
- Firstly the song combines a number of different styles from previous Girls Generation songs. Dance, Hiphop, Bubblegum KPOP to plain strong vocals.
- Secondly the video is simple and focuses on the song, and features basically a very well choreographed 4min dance routine.
- Finally Girls Generation are KPOP royalty and the biggest Korean girl group ever. They also release 1 or 2 songs a year and they’re always quality.
- On the negative side; the video is a little boring and lacking any story or punch.
More Pictures from “Catch Me If You Can” and Links for Girls Generation
Girls Generation Links:
* Website: girlsgeneration.smtown.com
* Girls Generation Facebook Page: facebook.com/girlsgeneration
* Girls Generation YouTube Channel: youtube.com/girlsgeneration
This is a LIVE performance of “Catch Me If You Can” by Girls Generation:
Here is a English and Hangul (Korean) Romanized Subtitled Version of “Catch Me If You Can” by Girls Generation:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “Only You” by Miss A please click the link.
See you next Sunday and have a great week.Sujeong Modern Seoul email@example.com