Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, our fifth and final for May 2015. Although there were a number of interesting new releases recently, we’ve chosen the new release from KPOP girl group Kara. The song is titled “Cupid” and it was released a few days ago on Monday May 25th. In that time it has been viewed around 1,200,000 times on the DSPKara YouTube Channel. Here are our reasons for choosing “Cupid” for our KPOP song of the week:
- Firstly the song is fun and lively, with a good mix of vocals and background music.
- Secondly the video isn’t too over the top and focuses more on the girls dancing rather than any major storyline.
- Finally KARA have been around for 8 years now and have built a huge fan base. Therefore whatever they release has to be quality too please their fans.
- On the negative side; it’s a little cute and maybe lacking any growth.
More Pictures from “Cupid” and Links for Kara
* Official Kara Website: Kara.dspmedia.co.kr/
* Official Kara Twitter Page: Twitter.com/KARA_DSP
* Kara Facebook Page: Facebook.com/karakpop
This is a LIVE performance of “Cupid” by Kara:
Here is a English and Hangul (Korean) Romanized Subtitled Version of “Cupid” by Kara:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “View” by SHINee please click the link.
See you next Sunday and have a great week.Sujeong Modern Seoul firstname.lastname@example.org