Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, our second for April 2016.
There have been a few interesting new KPOP releases over the past week or so, however we’ve chosen the debut release by I.O.I. The song is titled “Crush” and it was Monday April 4th. In that time it’s been viewed close to 2million times the CJENMUSIC YouTube Channel. Here are our reasons for choosing “Crush” for our KPOP song of the week:
- Firstly the song has a nice dance base as well as fun and memorable lyrics.
- Secondly the video is fun and looks at both the creation of the group as well as this debut release.
- Finally I.O.I are the product of MNET TV Show Produce 101, so people are already fans of the individual members as well as this created standalone group.
- On the negative side; the release to popular due to the TV show and the groups longterm appeal is unknown.
More Pictures from Crush and Links for I.O.I
- Homepage: ymcent.com/YMC/artist_ioi.php
- More Coming Soon
This is a LIVE version of “Crush” by I.O.I:
Here is a English, Hangul and Romanized Subtitled Version of “Crush” by I.O.I:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week “One of These Nights” by Red Velvet please click the link.
Have a great Sunday!Sujeong