Hello and welcome to this weeks Modern Seoul KPOP Song of the Week, our First for September 2016.
There have been a few interesting new KPOP releases over the past few weeks, however we’ve chosen the new release from I.O.I (아이오아이) The song is titled “Whatta Man” (a Korean version of the Salt-N-Pepa original). and it was released on YouTube on Monday August 8th, in that time it’s been viewed over 9 million times on the 1theK YouTube Channel. Here are our reasons for choosing “Whatta Man” for our KPOP song of the week:
- Firstly the song takes the chorus from the original and KPOPs the rest of the song. It’s enjoyable and the vocals are strong from start to finish.
- Secondly the video tells a story, but focuses more on dancing and the groups members.
- Finally I.O.I debuted earlier this year and have exploded in popularity, they are hotly tipped as the next big thing.
- On the negative side; this isn’t maybe as good as the Salt-N-Pepa original.
More Pictures from Whatta Man and Links for I.O.I
* 1theK YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/..
* Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ioi.official.page
* Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/ioi_official_ig/
This is a LIVE version of “Whatta Man” by I.O.I:
Here is a Reaction Video for “Whatta Man” by I.O.I, on the MRJKPOP YouTube Channel:
Here is a English, Hangul and Romanized Subtitled Version of “Whatta Man” by I.O.I:
We hope you’ve enjoyed and agree with our choice for KPOP Song of the week. If you have any suggestions for next weekend, please let us know.
For last weeks KPOP Song of the Week Molae Molae” by I.B.I please click the link.
Have a great Sunday!Sujeong